Monday, July 27, 2009

Knit From Your Shelf begins


Since the sweater left the needles last Wednesday, I've knit and frogged a Helgi Mitten from Folk Knitting in Estonia. My first foray into serious two color knitting revealed these obvious gauge problems while I "found my rhythm". I swallowed hard and pulled it back to the thumb line and went up a needle size. However, I was so demoralized that I set it aside and knit up a pair of toddler sized CIC socks instead out of the leftover Paton's Classic.
They were really fast and soothed me immensely. I confess to casting on a larger pair this morning-no cables this time-just a simple 3 to 1 rib. Likely I'll use navy scraps for the heels and toes. I had to make myself stop after 5 inches worth or the mitten may never have seen the light of day again.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

I think I'll have to learn to knit someday! :)

FYI - I saw your comment on my blog. It's not to late to enter the dress giveaway!! Please do if you want - the drawing is this coming Monday!
http://www.makingJesusmypearl.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home