Friday, April 03, 2009

Spring!

The weather is super nice today-spring is my favorite time of year! We've had some good rain and now the sun is out and all my little plants are poking up their heads to greet the world. I moved my peonies to the side of the house, which will make dh happy. Now he won't have to watch out for them while he's mowing. I'm transplanting the pepper seedlings this afternoon into larger containers-they are ready for more space but I want to be sure we don't lose them in that one last frost that often shows up around Easter. Everything else in the sunbox is looking great! And my alpine strawberries are blooming!

I've picked the Celtic Dreams pullover back up and have almost finished a repeat, which is 24 rounds. I want to do one more repeat before picking up those sleeve stitches.
We are taking our spring break next week-I'll be refinishing a bed and chest of drawers for C's room. I'll post pics before I begin. These pieces have been waiting in the garage for quite some time-but now that nice weather is here-I can get that good ventilation that such projects require!

And here's the finished denim skirt. Simplicity 5524. Good pattern! I'm thinking of making one next winter in a black pinwhale corduroy.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Those cables look great!
I love whipping out skirts too- I live in them in the summer.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

You've been busy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home