Saturday, October 18, 2008

What I've been doing

lately...
My Mr Greenjeans cardi in Lion Wool Majestic Mountain colorway. This sweater took something like eight days to knit. I think the combination of variegated colors and worsted weight yarn did something to me. Great pattern and I would not be surprised if I knit it again!

Before that I cast on a BSJ for my new niece, but after knitting a while I noticed that I had ordered the Wrong Yarn! Merino Style instead of Swish DK. So I had to frog. No hand washables for non-knitters, friends. Especially for a baby. I've had four. It's just not worth it. Better and kinder to just change your plans.

So, instead I cast on an overdue sweater for the little niece's big brother. And here it is! A wonderful Wallaby with mods, of course. How could I not put a cable up the middle and then around that nifty hood? That's what I thought! This is knit with KnitPicks Swish DK which I liked entirely too much.

Now that that is done I have cast on the long awaited Celtic Dreams pullover for me. Not much to see here. Just the saddles and some of the upper back so far. But I love love love the cables. They are wonderful.

And that's it for me today!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Hi Holly! Its funny that I found your finished Mr. Greenjeans sweater today, because I have been thinking about one - kind of a neat pattern!

Love the baby wallaby, too ;)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I've been all about cables lately. Mr Greenjeans looks great!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Hi! It's great to see another post from you! The sweaters look nice. I have the wallaby pattern and have been wanting to do them for my kiddos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home