Tuesday, July 15, 2008

On three

Today I started the third bobbin. Worked on it for a while and then did some pre-drafting for tomorrow. I expect to finish this last bobbin then and start the plying. All this spinning activity has rekindled C's interest and she treadled some for me. She's eager to try the wheel once I have a bobbin free. She's acquainted enough with the spindle that some practice treadling is all she needed. Then she can try combining the two!
I finished the first alpaca/wool sock and have the toe finished on the second. I was for the package to be mailed out this weekend, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll make it. All the spinning/lessons are cutting into my knitting time :~)
While our regular homeschool is done for the year, I have started working with T. (He will be 6 tomorrow) He's doing great so far-it's amazing what chiropractic has done for him. He's always been my more quiet one, stubborn yet ultra sensitive. Kinda like DH :~) I was not sure how things were going to work out once he got to school age. We started taking him to the chiro around the first of the year and saw an immediate change in him. I've since done some reading about sensory integration and found some activities to help him develop in the areas he struggles in. So, I'm very encouraged about this next year! Once we are done with our little "summer school" I think I can bring him into our school day fairly easily. This is a huge relief to me! Just as an example...Six months ago, he had zero interest in a picture book and would completely zone out during any read-aloud. Now he is making tremendous strides. While our read-alouds are still a little beyond him, I can see him listening and trying to follow the story, and he now hurries over to the children's books on our library trips and chooses at least two for himself. He is enjoying new activities and places now and talking more and asking questions. A dear friend actually asked me (a few weeks after he began chiropractic care) what had happened to turn him into such a chatterbox. We had originally started care to see if his asthma might be improved, not realizing just how much might change. And I've learned not to think that "chiropractic is only helpful for lower back pain"!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Great - you joined! Three bobbins already? It takes me forever!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Carissa said...

Glad to see you posting again! And it is great to hear that your DS is improving so much! Looking forward to seeing finished yarn soon!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll have to call you about the chiro thing.

It was so great to see you at WF the other day...sorry I was so scattered! We were going mental trying to get ready for that KG-adoption party.

Maybe we can all meet up again soon!uuhxn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home