Sunday, January 24, 2010

A birthday


My firstborn turned TWELVE. I'm amazed at how time flies-I well remember those newborn days-ditching the cradle notion and getting over(fast!)my uneasiness about having him sleep next to me. My mother said, "You hold that baby ALL THE TIME. " And she was right! But now I can't. At the rate he's going he'll be looking me in the eye in another year or so. He's already 5'7"! What a great young man he is becoming-Mark and I are so blessed-it's so wonderful to see God at work in the hearts of your children!
I bought some western-themed fabric a few years ago, intending to make a cowboy quilt for this boy, and I realized that I had better get to it before he's completely outgrown the rather juvenile style of some of the fabric. I had one big disappointment-my Elnasuper quit halfway through the quilting(I do all the quilting on the Elna since I have a walking foot for it) I suspect-and hope-it's just the foot control. Thankfully, I chose a low loft batting and the Viking was able to take over and finish it up for me. Now all it lacks is the binding!
Joshua likes it and is looking forward to adding it to his pile of blankets :~)

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Theresa said...

I hope it's an easy fix on your machine! :-( Cute quilt. It looks like your son has your smile! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home