Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Hidden Art chapter 4

In chapter four, ES spends some time explaining how painting, sketching, and sculpturing can become a wonderfully creative outlet that blesses your family. This chapter certainly made me think twice about my ho-hum weekly menu sheet that I keep on the refrigerator! I'm doing some thinking about how I can make the menu beautiful!
Since this is NOT the first time I've read this book, I spent some time remembering my dd's notebook that we used in church. The year she
was three, we had her with us during the worship service and Sunday school hour. So I followed ES's example and sketched the main points for her. Good memories! I'm so grateful for the examples that ES included in her book-they proved invaluable to me, and now my dd and I have a record of a very special time we shared together.

3 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How nice that you have the hand-drawn picture/notes you can still share together. I do love this idea and look forward to incorporating it more with my younger ones.

How fun to decorate the weekly menu on the frig. It'll put a smile on everyone's faces.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Suanna said...

Those special times in church will provide lasting memories for your daughter.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Edith Schaeffer's books! Her writing is so inspiring.

I came across your blog during my hunt for your info: I had to be certain I was sending a prize-winning TdF12 Aegean to the right person. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home