Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Comfort spinning


All that fussing with the Targhee finally took its toll. In all fairness, it is lovely wool and the blend will be wonderful to knit, but this colonial top just flies! No stopping and starting here. But then I began to feel a little guilty, so...


I got back on track once again! I did leave the purple bobbin on the attached Kate so I can spin a little of it, too, now and then. I'm still not quite sure if that was a wise decision. Ha!

On the school front, C and I started Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons this week. We did 6 lessons in two days-she is totally ready! I love seeing her excitement-it makes it so fun! And J is already in his second reader, and is just flying through his math text. I've stepped away from my eclectic approach and gone back to Sonlight's Core K. He's more ready and C can follow along now too. Now we are all enjoying it instead of him missing half of it because it is over his head. The real test was when I brought out The Apple and the Arrow again. This time, he loved it! He kept saying, "This is a GREAT story!" I'm glad we took a detour for a year, but SL is a great curriculum and I love getting back to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home