Thursday, September 07, 2006

Repairs


Yesterday, I spent 95% of my knitting/spinning time giving the little dolly here some new hair. She is finally free of the Walmart ick-rylic horror and now sports a new 'do of Paton's Classic. Perhaps it's my imagination but I do believe her smile is a little brighter. Or maybe that's just my dd's smile spilling over onto her. Obviously, she is delighted to have Raggedy back-RA was banished to my sewing basket for some time while awaiting her trip to the beauty shop.
This AM, I sewed satin binding on my ds' beloved blankie-a cotton knit-which had the original edging gnawed to shreds by my darling. Here's his bemused expression when he realized that Mommy really WAS fixing his blankie on the sewing machine.

He didn't burst into tears, so I guess I'm OK.

1 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

My kids (and hubby) got wise, LONG AGO, to the fact that the mending basket was just a myth - things just went into there to die and never be seen again...

now they just put things on my desk and nag me :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home