Saturday, November 04, 2006

MIsc ramblings


Did a bit of spinning this week and finished up the bobbin of Colonial. Spun a bit of my Cheviot/mohair on the new Mala, and some of my new Romeldale/Cotswold(doncha love Spindler's trades!) on my Bossie. This blend has nice shiny bits of Cotswold adding a lovely rosy glint to the brown Romeldale. I've never worked with either of these wools before-nothing like broadening your horizons.
Last weekend I started a simple hat for C out of the pink Merino. Another inch or so and I can begin the mittens!
I've done some sewing, too and will be continuing. My next project will be a couple of diaper covers for my darling B. He is apparently rather opposed to using the potty, and since I am ready to put the diaper $ back into the food budget...back into cloth he goes. And besides, the landfills have had quite enough contributions from our house, thank you very much! Yes, I'm going to knit and crochet some, too-so, be warned! There will be photos of a woolen toddler bum in the weeks ahead.

2 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Being back in cloth might be all he needs to convince him that the potty may not be such a bad deal after all. The Terror is finally not wetting at night anymore (just turned 4). I can put the Pull-ups money back into the budget--or maybe I'll convert it to yarn money :0)

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, that romeldale cotswold is spinning up very nicely. I am so glad you like it. I am very happy with my new spindle from you. I took it to guild last night and spun up some optim that I got at SOAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home