Friday, March 23, 2007

Recent arrivals



Not long ago I received my Corriedale from the Wooly Knob Fiber mill. I'm pretty excited! Jamie exclaimed over it loudly on the phone, so the anticipation nearly did me in. Especially since when I checked the USPS website's tracking page a week after it was mailed, I found that it had gone to CA. The other direction. I may have become a little anxious, I confess. After obsessively checking the website and seeing no updates for DAYS, I started pestering them with emails. Don't know if it actually helped, but it did make me feel a little better. Anyway, it did arrive, after all, and now I can start spinning it-- whenever I finish this.


This is Serenity Farms roving (also Corriedale) You know, the farm that I exempted from my KFYS plan. I've been on Cary's list for fleece for-I don't know-a couple of years at least. The demand is high, let me tell you, since this is my first opportunity to try her fiber. Due to a family illness, it took a little longer than usual for her to process my order, so she sent some extra roving(the pile of fluff in the back) I'm spinning that now. Whoo Hoo! That little baggie? An ounce of Corrie/llama/alpaca/silk. That gets a spindle.

I know, I know-I had the KA Romney on the wheel(as well as a few other things)but that was, you know, before. I'll get back to it, I promise!

3 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Carissa said...

What pretty rovings you got! I need to finish some knitting so that I can spin again!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Wow, that is so beautiful. I really love natural fiber colors. I'm looking forward to seeing all this spun up. What an adventure!!!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Cary's rovings are so wonderful! I call her wool "comfort wool"! I have a fleece this year since some people have opted out and it's going to be processed at Zeilingers. I won't get it for awhile but I can't wait! Enjoy your spinning. Your other Corriedale looks nice too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home