Thursday, March 01, 2007

Real quick

Well, yes, I am still alive. And knitting. And planting. When things start to warm up a bit(and that can come early in SC)then I start spending my spare (insert hysterical laughter here)time outside prepping the garden beds. I started a new 4X4 last week-yep, I'm one of those gardeners. I read the book before I started gardening about eight years ago and have never looked back. Earlier this week I installed the vertical frame for the vining crops, so I can plant the sugar snaps and sweet peas this weekend. Spring salad gardens are my favorite, but this summer I intend to branch out into sweet corn and potatoes for dh. And I hereby promise not to plant so many tomatoes this year!
In knitting news, I am a little over halfway done with the cardi sleeves(yes, two at once on circs) so I hope to be done with this sweater by the end of next week. Haven't spun one bit so have no progress to report on that front. I did give the wheel an overhaul though, so that counts for something, right?

4 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Jessi said...

wow, i live in SC, too!
i live in greenwood.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Madame Purl said...

I'm one of those gardeners too. I'm not looking back either. You get way too much out of those type of beds than regular gardening. I unfortunately have to wait for about 2 months to prep my beds.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I'm glad you're still alive! :o) I've missed your posts. I am interested in that type of gardening. Can't vegetable garden here as heat too intense but I want to do it when we move in the next year or so, so I probably should read up on it now!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Holly, Great site, I will enjoy coming back often!!!!! I too am a follower of Jesus Christ. In fact if you look at my site you see a link to my churches site. In response to your question, no I haven't come up with a name yet. I am waiting for something to jump out at me!!!! Any ideas?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home