Monday, January 15, 2007

Misc fiber ramblings

Here's some of what I've been doing...(I'll spare you the horrifying details of the stomach virus that invaded our home last week-I meant the fiber stuff I've been doing ;~))
I've got a-oh, wait, sit down first-mistake stich moebius on the needles in black Nature Spun fingering weight. I know, I must be crazy. But, truth is, it is exactly what I want for my black wool coat. Hopefully, that knowledge will keep me going when I feel like burying the thing in some corner where it will be forgotten.
I chose a pattern for the CIC sweater-a plain v-neck cardi(size 10)with Triple Gull Stitch cables on the sleeves. My goal was to cast on over the weekend, but the virus got the better of me. Today I am honor bound to move the asparagus plants and bathe the dog-given her size and coat length-we'll have to wait and see if I can manage to start the cardi today!
Also, I have a little over four inches on the second FLAK sleeve. I've been setting goals for myself on this sweater that I am not revealing on the blog-perhaps that's why I'm doing better on this sweater than my other projects?!?
And a little quiz...
You Are Grape

You are bold and a true individual. You are very different and very okay with that.
People know you as a straight shooter. You're very honest, even when the truth hurts.
You are also very grounded and practical. No one is going to sneak anything by you.
People enjoy your fresh approach to life. And it's this honesty that makes you a very innovative person.

3 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Oooh, glad you're feeling better! Your FLAK continues to inspire me - I hope to be starting a cabled cardi soon.

PS - I'm a grape too!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

No wonder I like your blog! I'm a grape too! :o)

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Carissa said...

I thought this was neat too! I'm dark purple though. I love reading about your spinning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home