Thursday, January 18, 2007

Jinxed!

I was doing so well on my FLAK! Knitting two or more inches per day, had a PLAN. Then I mentioned in my last post that I had goals that I was actually meeting. Now, it's all over. Haven't picked it up since. Why, oh why, did I open my big mouth?!?
Setting hysteria aside, in all honesty, I started the CIC cardi and have been utterly fascinated by it. I love the little cables going down the sleeves. So pretty, yet unintimidating. There's only ONE thing to remember-a simple cable on the sleeves. (I'm finally cabling w/o a cable needle, BTW. High time, eh? Sadly, the FLAK is on blunt-tipped Addi Turbos-making this wonderful technique utterly impossible for me)
The only downside-the wool is horrific. Truly the scratchiest wool I've ever held. I soaked the next skein in fabric softener yesterday and it did help some. I even thought happily(while still in the planning stages of this adventure)that I just might have enough for one in a smaller size. Now, I'm thinking of spinning up the KA Romney for this pattern once the cardi is done.
I want to get another cable repeat in before posting a pic so...it will have to wait until next time!

1 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger Amber (Bouncing Buttons) said...

You are amazing! I homeschool one child and have a toddler under toe. I find it hard to keep any of my personal craft goals ever. I would love to know how you do so much! You make such beautiful stuff! I am just learning to knit and I am finding out it is VERY hard to do. I am all thumbs with the knitting needles. I have been trying to write you to thank you for all your kind words and encouragement but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I thought I found a way to email from a blog once before but I have no idea how I did it so I had to post it here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home