Sunday, April 01, 2007

The verdict

Well, OK. I will assume that the lack of response was due to a stunned inability to believe the notion that I would be willing to begin another sock project with FLAK being a WIP for so long. Am I right? Huh? You just don't know how to tell me to Get. On. With. It. Alright, alright. I can take a hint.

I did try on the FLAK last week. It's taken me this long to be able to speak of it.

I've done nothing. All the knitting. Can't find it. I thought I knew about the Black Hole of Sweater Knitting-apparently not. I simply cannot post a picture. The amount of knitting still to be done staggers the mind. I have like ten inches yet, people. Remember how long it takes me to knit ONE row?

SO! The other knitting is going on hold for this week. I started this concentrated effort on Sunday and have one inch above my little safety pin marker-so I KNOW that progress is being made. No other knitting project will see the light of day all this week. I have high hopes for my Saturday night measuring session!

I think the energy around my house is being diverted away from my needles and zipped out the door into the ground just outside our front door. Check out these peonies! They are over two feet tall! And yes, I will be doing some MORE weeding this afternoon. ;~)

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Get your knitting and head outdoors to work on FLAK. I know it appears daunting right now, but you will be so pleased and proud when it is finally finished. Come on, you can do it!!!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Wishing you happy knitting!!!! With the pretty weather it is hard to stay indoors, particular when there is so much weeding to do. Thankfully we are getting ready to get some pretty cool weather so I'll have an excuse to stay in and knit or spin. :)

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I can definitely relate to you on your FLAK. Right now, I can't bear to work on mine because it entails frogging several rows. Can't wait to see the blooming of that humongus peony!

BTW, I loved the Trumball book although it has been many years since it has been read since our daughters are now grown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home