Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Skein 2


I finished the first skein today. OK, OK, it was the smallest skein-but still! I know that soon this shawl will become large and the rows will take forever, I will despair of ever finishing, etc. So, I'm making a big deal out of this little mark of progress-joining in the next skein. I've been ignoring my other WIPs since casting this on on Sunday, although this phase doesn't usually last long with me. I'm already planning to put a new marker in every week to show me the truth about how much knitting is actually taking place.


I'm using size 3 Addi Naturas for this shawl. First time I've used these and I am very, very happy with them. They are superb in every way. At least until I saw these. I think I'm asking for those for Christmas!

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Man you are fast!!!!! I don't know about the marker thing, that might either convict me or put condemnation on me for getting too much done or not enough. :) The link didn't work but if you are talking about the Harmony Needles, the multi-colored woods ones. I WANT 'EM!!!!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Diana said...

I know what you mean. When you ahve a shawl with 300-400 stitches in a row it is rather daunting. Enjoyed your blog. I went back to the beginning and skimmed all your archives. It seems we do a lot of the same things although I don't smock any longer or any garment sewing just quilts. We still homeschool and always have and I love the Lord too! Glad to have found you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home