Monday, August 27, 2007

Sock package!



My Sockapalooza package arrived today!!! Take a look-can you believe this?!? Melissa, from London, is a fantastic designer/knitter. Yep, she designed the pattern, too-Cathedral Arches. Isn't it great? The colors are simply perfect for me. Not only did she knit these amazing socks, she sent a super local sock yarn over, along with some Brittany dpns to knit them up! She included a nifty photo of some local scenery and a fun tape meaure card to help me get to know her a little better.


Here's a couple of shots of the socks in action... Not as easy to do as I would've liked, but hopefully, you can get a good idea of why I'm so thrilled :~)
Thanks so much, Melissa! I love them-they fit perfectly. You did a terrific job!

8 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Carissa said...

Those socks are great! I really like the pattern, and I love the colors! What a great package to get!

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh i'm so pleased you got them ok and they fit! I've been worried because the post office said 5 days and it's been nearly 10 so I was hoping they hadn't been lost in the post!

I hope you enjoy wearing them as much as I enjoyed designing and knitting them!

Melissa x

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

What an awesome package!!!! I love the tape measure it looks antique. And the socks, wow, how gorgeous. The skein is beautiful as well.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Those are so great!! I love the color, they look like a perfect fit!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Shuggie said...

wow what cool socks

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Thank you for your nice comments on my blog. The socks look great on you & the colors are gorgeous.

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Cam-ee said...

Love the socks!

In response to your comment on my blog, tatting is quite easy to learn from books (I used the internet). Just remember when making the stitches, you need the thread to go between your finger and the shuttle, or your thumb and the shuttle.It'll go easy enough, you don't need to drop the shuttle ;)

That'll make sense when you give it a go!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

LOVE the colors in the socks she knit you and the pattern is really neat too. How fun to get a UK sock partner. The sock yarn she sent is really pretty too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home