Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sad news

I am afraid my trusty Canon has kicked the bucket. We took it on vacation and when we pulled it out at the lake, the display thingy on the back-you know-where you see what your picture is gonna look like? Well, it had this weird black and gray ripple thing happening. What is that? We are so helpless in the face of technology-we tried new batteries and gave up. Dh says it is toast. I'm still trying to track down the manual. Any thoughts from the blogland?
Therefore, we have no candids of T's birthday celebration. We are having a (very)small party for him Saturday-guess I'll have to pull out the old one or buy a disposable.
Of course this also means no photos of the sock progress. There was a fair amount considering that we were pretty busy with activities-sorry, no pics, obviously. We swam, fished, took the kids on pony rides, went to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and I don't know what all. Highlights for me were finally getting to Gatlinburg and having Auntie Anne's petzels again(yes, my dears, that was plural) Mark's family used to run a couple of these stores. You know how people say working in a candy store/doughnut shop/what have you makes you not want to eat ___? This so not true of soft pretzels. And I'm getting really hungry now so I'll just move along to my other highlight right now, 'nkay? Which was-don't laugh-seeing a Mama skunk and her four babies roaming all over the area near the playground where we had taken the kids one evening. They really were the cutest things. I know, I know....and then going through the Aquarium at Gatlinburg. Truly amazing.
That's all for today, folks! Maybe I'll have a FO next time and will have figured out the camera problem.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Wow, what a bummer. I have no answer but hopefully someone out there in blogland will. I love Gatlinburg and those pretzels are awesome. I always get one of the hard red candy apples. Reminds me of when I was a child at the county fair.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

you may be able to continue to take pics with it using the view finder (like older non digital cameras)

It may just be the image viewer screen that is fotched and the camera takes pictures just fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home