Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ugh

A violent cold has taken up residence in my head! I've been sloshing* around the house with no energy to knit more than a few rows. The cablenet socks are complaining that the yarn I am using is too splitty, so I've cast on the Fool's Rush socks as well. I haven't given up the Cablenet-I'm too charmed by the fascinating pattern emerging. I suppose I'll slowly knit on both until I can make a decision. Maybe once this cold wears off I can think clearly enough. Hopefully I will have some progress to show you by next time. If I'm still torn-I hope I can count on you guys to help me decide!

*my favorite teas have been enlisted to help in the recovery process

8 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Gosh, hope you get to feeling better. Presently I am mad at socks, I think they are double crossing creeps. But, I'm still knitting the little devils and have more in line.

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly, the tea should help.

Recently, I knit my first scarf since 1972 while I had a bad cold/virus. I empathize with the unable to think part. I kept dropping stitches and not noticing for a few rows.

Feel better soon. The socks need you.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, no fun! Feel better soon :o)

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Oh Holly. I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick. Here I am your kts3 pal and I haven't sent you an email yet. I guess I need to get on that.

Take care and get better soon!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Oh, I do hope that you feel better soon and that the cold leaves quickly! I've sent up a prayer for you to get better!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Feel better soon! Summer colds are the pits...I hope you are not to out of it to enjoy some knitting time while you recover! :o)

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger the girl with pointy sticks said...

Neti pot. Brilliant contraption.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally second the neti pot... once you get over the idea that you're pouring water in your nose it's all good! They have good ones at EF in G'ville :)

Hope you're feeling better :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home