Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's a..., it's a...



finished quilt top! I like the author's color choices far better-this is from the Start Quilting with Alex Anderson book. But, for my very first-I'm satisfied. Next time, I won't rush through the meager choices at Wal-Mart because I'm impatient to get started. ;~)


I saved some fabric last year from C's window topper to incorporate into a quilt for her. Probably, SQwAA's next project, the 9 patch variation. If I make two of the projects, and add borders, I should be in good shape. This wall hanging was started on Monday-granted it's far from completed-but I don't think that a twin size bed quilt is too big of a stretch for the next challenge.


I plan to use cotton flannel in place of true batting for this one, since it's just a wall hanging. Maybe I can get it finished next week. I have gobs of sewing to do yet-my rayon top did not get much attention this week-OK, OK, one measly seam is all I did! So, I need to finish that, and then I have 3 pairs of pants waiting. Reading this makes me laugh at myself just a little! What kind of time do I think I have anyway?!?


I have done some knitting on the Log Cabin afghan, maybe I'll post a pic of that next time. The colors are shockingly loud-so brace yourself.


I'll leave you with a pic of my japanese iris-aren't they lovely?


6 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Your wall hanging quilt is beautiful!!! Are you going to quilt it by hand? You are doing much better than me. I started on in December and haven't touched it since. I think I need to specialize in knitting and spinning. You name it I have it started. Needlepoint, crocheting, sewing, crewel, beading.......it is ridiculous.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love your quilt top! The colors are perfect together. I've always wanted to try quilting, but just don't have the time for it. Maybe some day. :)

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Congrats on your first quilt top! And the irises are lovely ;o)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Carissa said...

The quilt top look great! I think a twin-sized one is totally feasible. I just love irises, yours are very pretty!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger the girl with pointy sticks said...

fantastic quilt! I've been getting sucked into quiltery goodness as of late as well, but nothing nearly as well constructed as yours. Beautiful!

Show me that shocking log cabin lady! yeeehaw!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Congrats on your quilt top. I took a class with Alex's second in the series, "Keep Quilting" and it was fun. It turned out nice and I enjoyed catching up...I've been really behind in blog reading...and you were really busy posting! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home