Sunday, April 15, 2007

Nothing to see here

After three and a half more inches of pattern and two inches of Baby Cable Ribbing, I tried on my sweater. Too short. Apparently, I miscalculated somewhere and instead of needing to knit a total of ten inches before beginning the ribbing, I needed to knit thirteen. Yeah, this may be why I had to take Remedial Math when I got to college. I had a big rip-fest on Friday night. Went ahead and picked up the sts for the neckband-just because.
Overall, I enjoy being tall, but there are times when it really gets ...tiresome.

So, yesterday, I did some spinning instead. Looks nice and stripey! I dug out some white Corriedale fleece and combed up some birds' nests to throw in here and there. I'm spinning two bobbins so that the socks will more or less match.



2 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Carissa said...

What a disappointment with the sweater! But the spinning looks great!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Bless your heart regarding the sweater. Someone said that is the fun of it? I don't know about that. But you probably will appreciate the sweater that much more. Is the bobbin of corriedale all corriedale, just different colors? As you can see I am a frequent visitor to your blog. I look forward to seeing this spinning made into yarn and then knitted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home