Wednesday, April 11, 2007

ahem...

OK, in the interest of full disclosure...I have a little confession to make.

Last Sat. I "ran away from home" for a couple of hours. You know-all the tending to sick children...I needed a little break. So, before I left dh asked where I might be heading. I told him that I'd likely be at the library, or maybe at the bookstore parked on a couch with a magazine. He told me to go ahead and do a little shopping and gave me a ball park $ amount. (Yeah, we're on a pretty tight budget)

Here's where it got ugly. As soon as I heard that amount, my brain went straight to the LYS. My body followed. I got this.


Then I remembered that little button over in the sidebar. Yeah-that one. This was a total violation of the Knit from your Stash plan. Sadly, I don't feel sorry. It's really pretty yarn :~) Too bad I didn't include the sock yarn exemption...


BTW, I stayed up late last night to work on the FLAK. If I really focus, I may have some real progress to show when the week's out.

5 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Beautiful yarn. I made several pair of the felted slippers a couple of years ago. They were so much fun. Didn't myself a pair though. Like usual. Does sock yarn count as adding to one's stash?

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Yeah, a little extra cash can really show us crafty types what we're made of ;o)

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Oh boy, Holly, do I know that feeling (of escaping and escaping to yarn shop especially - LOL!)

I am trying bravely to keep my fingers from typing their way to Heritage Yarns site, I can hardly resist Margaret's yarns ;)

Or Eve's fiber blends (do I NEED more fiber?!? No.) hehe

Congratulations on the yarn and I really like your thoughts on the Corriedale blend.

Cary at Serenity Farms

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I love my felted clog/slippers. They are fun to do and it is amazing to see how they change and then can be molded to your foot! Both the sock yarns are pretty.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger the girl with pointy sticks said...

I have that pattern...I have that yarn!

You are stalking me?

Really, it wasn't your fault, I mean, in a way, your husband kinda made you, cause you know, he hgad already deducted that amount mentally from the budget. You don't wanna go messing with his head now do ya? That would be cruel, and a good wife doesn't want to dissapoint right? Really, it was mercy buying if you think long and hard about it.
Yup.
In your great merciful state of mind, even though you were exhausted from taking care of pitiful patients day in and out, you STILL put his mental health ahead of your yarn stash diet. Honestly, you deserve a medal or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home