Monday, April 16, 2007

Spin-o-rama!


I resolutely turned my back on the sweater this weekend and did some spinning instead. In fact, I did way more spinning than usual for some reason. Probably dh had something to do with this.

I know a lot of spinners can turn out the sock yarn in a day or so, but I am not one of them. This weekend was some kind of miraculous departure from reality. I have the two (somewhat) similar variegated skeins(yep, navajo-plyed) and one skein of Bree for cuffs, heels, and toes. I'm thinking that I didn't change colors quite often enough and will end up with large blocks of color rather than stripes. You know what? I'm sure I will love them anyway! I'm really looking forward to starting the Serenity Socks. No, not ALL the wool is from Cary*, but three of the colors are-so that's what I'm callin' 'em.
But this week-it's All Aran All The Time.
For some reason, blogger won't let me link-but her website is in the sidebar! Go look!

6 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Carissa said...

Your spinning looks great! Cary's wool is so wonderful! I think that's what I'll be doing for the next few days since I finished my shawl!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Roseann said...

I look forward to seeing these socks. Doesn't feel good to kick back and get some spinning done? I'm glad you got lots of spinning time in this weekend.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. You said to beware because spinning will take away from knitting time (or something like that), and I'm afraid of that, LOL. What if I use up all my time spinning instead of knitting? Well, I'll start back to work in a couple of weeks and the spinning might be welcomed by my wrists that tend to get a little sore (I have some carpal tunnel) when I type all day at work and knit in the evenings.

So far I am enjoying the spinning and even did some more this afternoon. Now I have to focus on a last assignment for my TESL class and then exams this week and next...I have a feeling the spinning will be doing all it can to distract me from studying (as will the knitting)...must remain strong!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Wow, you have been busy!!!! The yarn is gorgeous. Wish I could see it up closer. I love the colors and I'm really looking forward to seeing it knit up.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Those should make some really nice socks ;o)

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger the girl with pointy sticks said...

you really did spin it yourself. I'm completely impressed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home