Thursday, April 26, 2007

Done!



The completed Serenity socks! When I finished weaving in the ends I promptly put them on and have worn them all afternoon (I know, I said they were bed socks-they are, really. Click on that photo if you don't believe me-see how loose the knitting is? Definitely bed socks only) But they do look smashing with my black top and georgette skirt ;~)
Theresa asked if you can find the heel info on the web-yes, I googled garter st heel and found Lucy Neatby's IK article. Printed it out-voila! Super easy instructions. I'll confess to the truth-the main reason I like it is because you get the short row heel without all that infernal wrapping. I have a dreadful time picking up those wraps. I also have instructions for Dawn Brocco's 6 point Peasant Heel. I may do that next. Or not.
The hand-dyed pink yarn is next on the agenda and I haven't picked a pattern yet. I may knit some simple toe-ups with a picot edge. Or Feather and Fan. Or...I may go through the Sock Notebook later and pick something else altogether.
Once the socks were done, I picked up Barbara Walker's Knitting from the Top and set out to cast on the Morning Glory Pullover. Hey, that's what the yarn looks like to me-I can't help it. I decided on a square neck raglan. It all seems so simple and straightforward....it's making me a little nervous. This is the back shoulder seam. I want to knit a few more rows before casting on the front sts, since I dislike chokey necks ;~) After the littlies go off to bed, I should be able to do that and start knitting in the round.

10 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Carissa said...

The socks turned out wonderfully! I love the random stripes. I also really like the Morning Glory pullover, they are one of my favorite summer flowers.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Your bed socks look great!!!!! And yes, I think the sweater color does look like a beautiful morning glory. I've never knitted a sweater from the top down, looking forward to seeing how that goes.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Yeah, Peggy-me too ;~)

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The socks look great!

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like top-down. They really are simple and straight forward.

Thanks for the link to the Lucy article. I've been fixated on sock construction lately.

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neck down pullovers are my favorite most worn sweaters....yours is going to be beautiful in the gorgeous morning glory yarn!!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Hi Holly, from Serenity Farms ;) I have to say that I love the title of your socks (LOL!) but most of all I love how they look and that you are so happy with them!

Great job on ALL of your projects - you are inspiring me to get moving on some of the ones laying around my house!

Hugs, Cary

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love the stripes on those socks!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be interested to watch this sweater develop. I've never knit a sweater from the top down and really want to try it. Love the sweater yarn and the socks!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Wow, you worked those up fast! I'm sure you will enjoy them, they look cozy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home