Thursday, June 07, 2007

Misc rambling


Why yes, it was in Anne of Green Gables! I think L M Montgomery is my favorite author. I finished the Emily books last week while we were in TN. Mark and I went to Pigeon Forge. First little vacation without the children. We had fun-eating out,(I did not cook once! Still a little freaked about that one) riding horses at the nearby stables, and visiting the tourist traps. Of course, I had to go to Smoky Mountain Spinnery for my souvenir. An alpaca/silk blend. Now won't that make a nice scarf/glove set? I have a variety of things that I could ply with it. But just look at it. Click on it. Nifty, huh? Yep. It's taking all my willpower not to ditch all my current projects and focus on this instead. But-I can't! Duty calls!


I have decided to work the cablenet socks in Brown Sheep's Nature Spun for my Sockapalooza pal. I really do like the pattern, but Knitpick's Essential is spun and plied too loosely. I was getting rather hostile over all the splitting. Maybe I'll post a pic next post!

5 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly, that stuff is gorgeous. Silk and alpaca are two of my favorite fibers. I love that color, too.

I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you make from it.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Don't you just love Smokey Mountain Spinnery? The owner is so nice and her wide range of fibers are wonderful. Glad you got aways for a good time.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

That is so beautiful! What a great souvenir. I'm so glad you got to get away with your hubby alone. That is something that I have definitely been missing with mine since we have no family around here.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger the girl with pointy sticks said...

BEAUTIFUL that yarn just glows with goodness!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

So glad you were able to get away with just the hubby for a special little retreat. I love the Smoky Mountains. Have you ever read CHRISTY by Catherine Marshall? My h'schooled daughter just took a job in Kingsport as a Chemical Engineer so I hope to make many trips to those Appalachians!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home