Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Experimenting

Second try at this post-hope it works!


I've joined this group (yeah, I really need another project ;~) )and have started spinning for the shawl I will make. I have three blends in the stash that are earmarked for shawl knitting. Now I just need to decide which one to use first! To help with that, I'm spinning up a small skein of each. Here is a singles from option #1. The pic doesn't show just how fuzzy it truly is. This is a merino/alpaca/great pyrenees blend that I had carded at Wooly Knob(they did a fantastic job-haven't found a single nep yet!) I've started the second bobbin, which holds a single of merino top. I only have ten ounces of the blend so I'd like to stretch it. I have a fear of running out of yarn six inches from the end ;~)



I am done with the first repeat of cablenet. I am not loving it. Yarn's too fuzzy for a cable pattern to suit me-although it's certainly better than all the splitting that I had with the last yarn. I am not sure what to do. It's not that bad. I do have another yarn that might work better, but good grief! This is the third try already, and they are not exactly a fast knit. Makes me a little nervous to realize I am thinking of starting again.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger the girl with pointy sticks said...

It's a beautiful shade of blue though...........

:0)

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Holly, just wanted to let you know the prize came today, and I LOVE it! Thanks so much! I've just finished making a post about it on my blog, Kitten Knits yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home