Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Real quick



Take a look at this cantaloupe from the garden! And let me tell you-it was fantastic :~) We have had an unusually dry 4-6 weeks, but the plants are doing well just the same. I've only watered twice. My neighbor said the other day that his tomatoes were all very small-about golf ball size. Mine are as big as ever. Could it be my raised beds? I know he is watering way more than I am.




In other news, I've been spinning more than usual. This is some of the latest. The natural white is Merino plied with Merino/Great Pyr/alpaca, the rose is some Merino/silk, the lavendar is Romney, and the red is Romney/mohair.


On the knitting front, I am one and a half repeats into the ribbed lace pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. I'm using KnitPick's Essential in some light tan shade-Fawn, maybe? I'll be taking it with me this evening when I take my oldest two to their very first swimming lesson. Wonder how much I'll get done?

3 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Wow that cantelope looks so, so sweet. And your spinning!!! It is really pretty and I love the piano. I took lessons for about 9 years growing up, but do not even own a piano now. Too late on the fiber, it went out today. Hopefully it will be fine. :)

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Carissa said...

Oh, that cantaloupe looks just wonderful! It is one of my favorite summer fruits. The spinning looks great too. How fun for the kids to be starting swimming lessons. I've known how to swim all my life and love it, I hope that your kids enjoy the water too!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger jessica said...

All that yarn looks beautiful!

That cantaloup looks soooooo yummy! I love having a garden too! I'm glad yours is doing well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home