Tuesday, August 21, 2007

School is now in session!

We started school yesterday. I was really dreading this year; our financial situation being what it is-I was unable to purchase Sonlight 3 for J and C as I had planned. I knew I would have to put in some major time to write my own curriculum and get the necessary books from the library. (Begin drum roll here) A week ago at church another hsing mom asked if we had started yet. I told her that we hadn't, but were planning to begin the 20th. She asked if we were using Sonlight again. I said that no, I needed to write my own this year, and confessed to her that I was not really looking forward to it, as I knew it would take a lot of work to get things lined up in the next week. Can you see where this is going??? Her next words were, "Well, can you use SL 3? I bought it used from a mom in my email loop, and you can just borrow it from me." (Holly faints)

Now isn't that just how He works? Any of you heard Jenny Christianson on Focus on the Family? She said, after testifying of how God had provided in a certain situation, "He's never early, and He's never late. He's always right on time."

I registered the kids for their co-op classes last night. Took the log cabin blanket, freaked some of the folks out by knitting without looking. One of the dads even came up and marveled aloud over the blanket emerging from two sticks and some string. Maybe he should come by the class a friend and I are teaching this semester. For the first class, I am bringing raw wool. A hogget Corriedale fleece from Cary. He'd really flip then. Don't worry, dear reader, I'm only bringing the fleece for them to see. They will be making a CD spindle and spinning some roving for a knitting/crochet project, though. Yay!

I knitted a dishcloth over the weekend. (Found it on Ravelry, which by the way, is back to its tricksy ways! So, if you sent me a message-I am not ignoring you! I can not pull up my messages right now.) Doncha love it?!? I have to get some more made for my mom in time for Christmas. I don't know how this woman was able to get such a clear photo-I've tried and tried and it looks like a plain blue square. Oh, well, I assure you, it's quite lovely! I have way too many dishcloths in my queue, though...
That's all for today-I am getting off the computer and combing up that Targhee!

4 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Carissa said...

What great news about the curriculum for the kids! That sure must be a load off of your mind. That sounds like a neat class you'll be teaching too. I wouldn't share my fleece from Cary either!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Yep, that sounds like our God!!! What a blessing. I could tell you blessing upon blessing that has just occured over the last year not to mention the last 30 that I have been a Christian. I know you could as well. Like you said, He is always on time and He knows what He is doing. Romans 8:28

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

What great timing! And what a ton of work you were saved. I knit without looking a lot and yes, it freaks people out!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

God is sooooo good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home