Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A little multi-tasking

Please disregard the last words of my previous post. I spoke in haste. Since I finished these

I decided it wouldn't be too terrible to have one big and one small project going. So, I joined the FLAK (Follow the Leader Aran Knit A Long) group on Yahoo and have started swatching. The fact that I have been knitting for 8 yrs or more and never swatched a thing should say something about my trepidation about knitting my first aran.
I am still comitted to the socks-see their adjacent location to the fledging swatch?

I think it's kind of funny that I have two red projects!

And on the learning front-
I'm reading Debi Pearl's Created to be his Helpmeet. I thought my marriage couldn't get better-what with Mark making up half the deal-but this book has pointed out many attitudes in my heart of which I was unaware. Of course, I don't agree with EVERYTHING. Also after doing a little searching through their website, it became apparent that we do have some substantial differences. So, another case of take the good, throw away the bad. I'm glad I bought it.

I had my first violin lesson today. Turns out a friend from our former church is a Suzuki instructor. Now, I'm not quite as intimidated of tuning but I'm pretty freaked out by the Way To Hold The Bow and Violin. I'll have plenty to practice before next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home