Thursday, January 12, 2006

My sock method

I started out J's socks with DPN's trying to learn the toe-up method. I had a great pattern-I simply didn't like it. So I jerked it out and went to cuff down. This is the way I learned to knit socks. Not my preferred method, but still familiar. Just past the heel flap, I gave in.
I simply prefer knitting socks on two circulars. In fact, I really wish I had started both at once. These are children's socks and move along fast enough. With all the distraction of FLAK, it's going to be tough getting through that second sock.
Where I really love this method is the heel/toe areas. So much simpler. They just fly. Well, you know, sort of. It is still knitting.
Plus, they are SO much easier to try on. That one is pretty important. I have such a horror of finishing an item and then finding it's not quite right. Hmmm...why could that be?
See how handy this is? No transferring sts to a length of wool or juggling DPN's, just slip it on and admire-or adjust your plan-whichever you need.
Looking pretty good so far! He likes them, too. Even better!

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You should go over to rosebyany.blogspot.com and add your socks to her 2000 socks in 2006 thing she's doing... looks cute... but I've never done socks (although of all the knitted things in the world that would be the one I would mostly likely love the most).

Shea (who's trying to get over the "crud" that's going around)

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Tonni said...

I love knitting socks. Two circulars is my prefered and learned method, top down. My friend says that doing them toe up is the best way to try them on... but I haven't tried toe up yet! These look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home