Monday, November 20, 2006

Eureka!


Wise words? Don't think to yourself, "Nah, I've looked there twice already..." 'cause you probably didn't.


Finished B's Curly Purly soaker-cute, eh? I used some Nature Spun for the waistband since the pattern advised against Merino for the top and then switched to Paton's Classic for the rest. Still need to add the lanolin back in. And I'm a little over halfway on the Ladybugz Peppermint soaker! B wasn't too thrilled with the return of cloth, but he's made the transition. No hint of him deciding to make the leap, Jen. He's a stubborn little monkey!






I've done a little more spinning and plying. Two skeins of one ply of Ashland Bay colonial and one of Finn top that I bought at SAFF a couple years back from some unknown vendor. This one's a sweater for me-no one else in my house can wear these colors! This finished up the last of the purple Colonial. I've had varying amounts of this top in the house since I started spinning 7 yrs ago. What can I say-I like purple.

As soon as I got this off the bobbins, the sock blend (nope, not a shawl, Robin, but stay tuned) from two posts back hit the wheel. I'll post a pic in my next update.

2 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are wonderful to spin and knit for your lovely child. XXX

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

I was hoping for a better outcome for you. Give him time--he's just not ready.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home