Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Going for three

Yep, the one at a time thing is almost over. A week's about all I'm good for people. I'm hoping for three more repeats on the shawl before casting on for J's cardigan. I even knit a dishcloth over the weekend(that doesn't really count though, right? It would if it were a big project-but a dishcloth? Nah.)
Anyway, all last winter the poor boy wore the most outlandish jacket to church. Picture this, that plasticky water-repellant fabric in a bold colorblock pattern that would make a gypsy stare. My heart bled for him, but nevertheless, I could not cast on to end the misery. But no more! I've made the important decisions-top down construction/saddle shoulder(a simple plait cable from BW's 1st treasury)st st body. Possibly a garter st border, although that could change. I have some black (I know, I know)Nature Spun in the stash that will look nice on him. I should have enough for a matching cap, too.
Never fear-I will continue to knit the shawl. I really like Feather and Fan. Three rows plain and one simple pattern row is really good for me now that school is back in session. Enough going on to keep things interesting, but not so much that my brain is shorting out. I finished the tenth pattern repeat last night and expect to need twenty more, being the tall person that I am. The yarn is lovely, the color perfect-don't worry that it will disappear into the storage closet. Next time I may even have a picture for you!

1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

I'm looking forward to the pic and also to hear more about and see the sweater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home