Saturday, September 22, 2007

Made it!



Here's how things are looking so far :~) When I try it on-this is about elbow length. I really, really like how it is turning out! Even all the purling isn't getting to me. Lovely needles, special (to me)yarn-how could it? But, I still have many, many rows left before I can think about edging, and those rows are getting longer, so....


I have cast on for J's cardigan. I'm using Barbara Walker's Knitting from the Top to help with all the figuring. In this pic, I have cast on all the sts needed for the fronts and have a couple inches more before I can cast on at the underarms and join. I am going back and forth on what sort of front closure I want. I-cord and a zipper? Garter st borders and buttons? I guess I'll save that one for later. I like the Plait cable on the saddles-not that you can see it in the photo ;~)

2 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Wow, the shawl is going to be gorgeous. I am completely bumfuzzled with the Knitting From The Top thing. Gosh!!!!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Carissa said...

The shawl is coming along so nicely! I love "Knitting from the Top!" The sweater is looking good, and cables are always fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home