Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oh, by the way...

One of the reasons that my progress was/is slow on the FLAK is because I started a sweater for C a while back. I'm finally making some headway and think I can have it done by the weekend. Ha! Famous last words!

I did finish J's socks. Here's a classic photo. One for the memory books. These are his and Mark's feet-I got this shot as they sat on the couch reading the bedtime story. In 20 yrs, I'm going to be really glad I took this one.

I had a little thrill today at my violin lesson. While Monica was reassuring me that I WILL get the whole Right Way to Hold The Violin down she mentioned that it's harder for adults. This reminded me of how this is true of spinning and I muttered something about it. Well, what do you know? Turns out she's been wanting to learn how to spin for some time now.
Mwah hah hah. This should be fun. I'm already plotting what wool/spindle to start her on, etc. You just never know about people-makes me wonder what other friends I have out there looking online for spinning info. OK, well. Maybe not many, I guess it is kind of a long shot.

2 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Alana said...

The nice thing about the FLAK is you can work on it at your own pace! I'm loving it!
On another note... the Myrna Stahman group you asked about is on yahoo... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FaroeseShawlsKAL/ You can knit any faroese shawl from her book Stahman's Shawls & Scarves.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

That's a great sock picture! Very sweet. I'm intrigued by your violin lessons. I've always wanted to play violin but just haven't gotten around to it. I'll be interested to read how your lessons progress. Beautiful FLAK swatch too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home