Monday, April 03, 2006

Resurfacing

Ugh! I'm a little stunned at the passage of time since my last entry! What happened?!? Oh, yeah, my Mom came to visit. And then I got sick and wasn't knitting. Or much of anything.
Another sign that Spring is here is when my knitting gets put on the back burner for this

Yep, it's time to sew. Hancock's had a sale on their poly/rayon so I bought enough for 3 pr of pants-since I'm nearly impossible to fit. I completed one pair(black) but am putting the others on hold until I get some of these done


That's two rompers for B and a round collared shirt for T to go with some button-on pants I made last year.

But for NOW, I am working furiously on this


C's bishop. Second row of stitching underway-I'm headed out at lunch time to get more floss. I'm determined to get this done before Easter. I think its do-able, but I'd LOVE to have T's shirt done, too. Not too sure on that one. Wait and see, I guess.

While my Mom was here, she made a purchase for me.


A Bernette Deco 600. It's so neat! I'm leaving the sampling behind and starting on the Real Deal next. I put my initial on a hanky yesterday-too funny! She's been putting the kids names on their pj's for years-they love it. (Yeah, she's also the reason I have two sewing machines, a serger, and a smocking Pleater. Amazing)

3 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

About "my knitting store"--I made the mistake of sorting my sock yarn in front of dh on Sunday. His comment was basically that I sure have a lot of yarn that's not being made into anything. Sigh. I informed him that I was assigning patterns to many of the skeins of yarn, and that they would soon be knit into gorgeous socks. He seemed satisfied.... or at least he pretended to be. Good dh.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Holly, did I know you smocked, too? Very cool - I'd love to see more. I have a whole cedar chest full of stuff I smocked for the girls when they were little.... watch - they'll have all boys!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Jan said...

What a cool sewing machine! I used to sew quite a bit, but not as much now that the spinning and knitting bug has a firm hold on my spare time. It's such fun to sew sweet little dresses for little girls. It looks like you are really really good at it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home