Friday, March 10, 2006

Nearly there

I knit another 3 inches over the last couple of days, and I want to end at 8 inches. It's coming along! I really love the color.

I have knit on the shawl some, too-I can't help myself! The pattern is burning its way into my memory but I'm not quite ready to stop checking the chart. I still love the yarn and the lace pattern provides enough variety but is not so complex that I'll never master it. In a few more rows, I will only need to check it before beginning a new row.

I'm reinstituting my "Spinning on Fridays" rule. I've gotten so little spinning done lately, despite all my best intentions that I must take action. Tonight I'm finishing up that bobbin of purple Colonial!

I planted the Alpine Strawberries this afternoon-once I moved the Elephant Ears, Bee Balm, and Catnip out of the bed I wanted them in-whew! I also rearranged the salad garden-some of the mesclun and lettuces needed more room-only now I have very little space for the sugar snaps I intended to plant on Monday. Maybe just one row-ha! Sounds like knitting. My elderberries and blueberries are all budding and the plum tree is blooming-spring is right around the corner! This is my favorite time of year :~)

1 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Hey Holly,
Yes, KnitPicks is having a sale on their discontinued yarn. Go to their site and click 'sale'--should come up with some Dancing and Sock Memories, Sock Garden, etc. on sale--$1 off per skein, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home