Monday, February 13, 2006

Downsizing

I finished the second CIC sock Sat. morning and now have nothing but the KO scarf and FLAK going. I should keep it that way until the scarf is done, so T's socks are waiting for a couple of weeks. I knit a few rows on my FLAK this weekend and like how it is coming out. I do want to find a quiet moment this afternoon and reverse the center horseshoe on my FLAK back. Something I thought about doing when I began but just plowed ahead...Oh, well-better late than never.
I'm pacing myself with the KO scarf-I figured if I knit 5" a day then I should be OK to meet the deadline. That's a lot of knitting for me-esp with the combing for the FSKAL which I started this AM. I'm combing up 3 bird's nests and then spindling it and comparing the two yarns. Carded? Combed? Which will it be? I'm really not happy about the amount of waste that is coming off the combs but I have a feeling it will be worthwhile.
I took the 3 oldest dc to Hobby Lobby on Sat-they picked out yarn for washcloths not realizing that THEY will be knitting them. Hee Hee. Well, of course I'll do T's for him. And then Mother's Day gifts will be taken care of for about the next ten years! Wouldn't that be great?!? I happen to LOVE knitted dishcloths. I guess I should try to teach them to knit before I get too hopeful...

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

What a great idea teaching your kids to make you something you love for Mother's Day. I need to think about this one, lol!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Hi Holly, I'm knitting 2 FLAK sweaters (what was I thinking!) and did reverse the center horseshoe cable on one of them. I'm seriously considering going back and laddering down on the other to reverse the center horseshoe cable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home