Monday, February 06, 2006

Finished!

I stayed up until 1 am last night finishing C's sweater. I was less than thrilled with the finished piece, so I redid the neck. It was a bit too tight. I wish I had spaced the seed stitch stripes out more on the body-it would be a bit more interesting visually. Otherwise, it's fine-a good casual sweater. She's delighted with it.



I did a little combing this morning. More of the Corriedale from Wooly Acres and some Romney that I bought at SAFF a couple of years back and dyed it with Kool-Aid. I have no idea how I got that shade. Probably a little Cherry/Berry Blue combination. That's what I buy the most.


I got some more cookbooks from my extended family. I love their minimalist ways. I'm especially excited about the old Betty Crocker and Good Housekeeping ones-oh, and the Taste of Georgia looks great, too. Any local Junior League type cookbook where the names of the contributors(after the recipe) are listed like...
Mrs. Ray Sewell(Edith)
...is sure to be a hit with me. Women who weren't afraid of being known as Mrs. Bill Smith are probably a good example to follow in the housekeeping dpt. These women don't need to watch shows like How to Boil Water. I'll bet they even wash their walls and ceilings. Definitely going to try some of those recipes.

2 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Betty Crocker CB (the one with the blue and yellow squares with the turkey and cake) is my go-to CB in the house! I love it because my edition (1960 I think) has less machine and more hand instructions. It has an excellent cake/cookie/confection section and it never fails that I get rave reviews of the toffee when I make it for the ER. M got her original copy as a wedding gift and I bought another copy off of eBay so we would have a back up :)
I have a cousin that finds old CBs at yard sales and thrift shops and sends them my way often... I read CBs like novels so I enjoy it :)

BTW... the sweater's really cute too :)

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

I have that same old Betty Crocker cookbook that was my Mom's and Grandma's. Now you've inspired me to poke around in it and look for a new recipe! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home