Thursday, February 16, 2006

Progress

The Moebius is a little over 20" now. There's really no point in posting a pic-it's mind-numbingly boring to look at. I'm starting the second skein today and deciding what sort of yarn I will use to edge it. I'll probably just add a strand of black mohair but I'm still toying with the idea of a multi-colored one just to liven it up a little.
I've been doing some spindle spinning with the Swan in the last few days. I've got some lavendar Romney that I'm working up to knit into socks for C. Spindle spinning is still something I enjoy, even though it bugs my shoulder if I don't take frequent breaks. Better posture would help, I know! I used the Emily and the Bosworth to sample the Polwarth for the FSKAL-the Emily with the carded wool and the Bossie with the combed-pretty interesting results! While the carded was a pain to spin-the Emily was slow enough to yield a fairly consistent yarn overall, while the Bossie was SO fast that although I enjoyed spinning it far more, the resulting yarn was actually not as good. Hmmm. Apparently, I have some work to do in this area. I think I'll set aside a small amount of fiber for spindle spinning once this Polwarth is done-oh, and the Colonial top and the Targhee blend that I ALREADY have going. Uh, huh. I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home