Friday, February 24, 2006

Edging ahead

I wove the edges of the scarf together last night while trying(not) to watch the Women's Free Skate competition-this may be the reason that the grafting looks a little...odd. I may have lost track a few times. I REALLY wanted to get this done before Saturday, because for some reason I get nothing done Sat. or Sun. This time I have to-'cause I am determined to finish this thing in time!

After listening to a friend rave about the Rosetta Stone language program, I sent off for the demo CD. J and I did a few Spanish lessons (I was pleasantly surprised at how much I remembered) and then I tried Russian. Now that is a whole 'nother ball of wax! Yikes! That shot down my secret ambition of learning it one day. Simply not possible. My gray matter is no longer capable. I was OK until I switched the program over to see the written words as well as hear the native saying them-my brain just seized up totally. Anyway, I'll be sticking with Spanish-maybe French will replace the Russian on my Someday list. That's me-the perpetual student! I simply love learning new things-one of the reasons I enjoy homeschooling so much.

3 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard rave reviews about Rosetta Stone too. I've been tempted to get the Chinese one... it's just so expensive... but they say it really really does work.

I was a language nut in school (Latin, Spanish and French in High School, exchange student to Belgium and later continued with French in college)... it's shameful how much I've lost simply by not speaking it. Anyway... Russian was one of the languages I always wanted to know a bit of, but never had the real opportunity.
I'm the same way about learning new things... which is another reason I love homeschooling too :)

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger vanessa said...

hey you stinker, i didn't know you had a blog! thanks for leaving me the olympic sweater compliment :-)

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger vanessa said...

sorry, you are going to think i'm crazy! i had just met a different holly at madrona, and mixed the 2 hollys up!
i'm glad you stopped by my blog :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home