Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My review

I am ready to give an opinion on my Harmony needles! I knit both of the cardi sleeves with the size 5 dpns. I know, I said that I would compare them to the Clovers....but, you see, I knit the first sleeve with the Harmony set and then when it came time to knit the second sleeve...I simply couldn't bring myself to do it. Yep! I love them! I am resisting the urge to throw all my other dpns away and order all the Harmony ones.
Now, the circular #5 does tend to come unscrewed if I don't really tighten it up with the tool-so be aware of that, my friends. Still, I really like them and intend to knit with this one as much as possible until I can order more sizes!
I think I can finish the cardigan today-although I won't have as much knitting time as usual. Last night I started the buttonholes! Now if I can't manage to finish up a button band in a day-there's a real problem ;~)
Actually, I did just discover a REAL problem. I missed Knitter's Tea Swap 4!!! Now how did this happen? Guess I didn't check back in time....or maybe the email notice went to my junk email box and I missed seeing it.....DRAT!
Well, wait a minute. I did get a nice package from my Mom last week and she sent a pretty tea for one pot along with some tea-maybe I'll just consider that my little unofficial swap package. See? I didn't miss a thing! Anyone who looked in my storage closet would see that I don't need any more yarn anyway. There. Talked myself right out of my disappointment! Whew!

2 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Talking ones self out of disappointment is good!!!! I'm with you on the Harmony needles. I want more!!!!! Can't wait to see your cardigan.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Donna B said...

hey Holly, there is a tea swap over on Ravelry in the Cupo'Tea group...you may have time to squeeze yourself in over there.

The Harmonys look lovely. I want to try them. you should get a full set of dpns (if it's in the budget); you can never have too many! :-) What if you want to make 2 socks at the same time, or socks and mittens, or mittens and sleeves, or sleeves and a baby hat?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home