Thursday, October 11, 2007

Take my word for it

The sweater is coming along great. I knit past the elbows last night and the body is right about waist level. Hmmm....let's see....it's black....mainly st st...yep. That about covers it!
Remember back in the summer when my camera's LCD display went out on me? Can you guess where this is going? The troubleshooting that fixed things a few months ago is having no effect today. In fact, I found a message on the site that said they are aware of some problems, and will cover repair/shipping. Sigh.
But let's not worry about that today-'cause it's my birthday(woo hoo! 36!) and I don't want to dwell on things like broken cameras! I got my Harmony needles yesterday. Great timing, eh?The 5 tips, 24" cables, and 2 sets of dpns(1 and 5) The sleeve sts are beginning to pull a bit on the 16" circs I am using so I'm switching over to dpns today. I had a set of Clovers in a 5 already, so I'll compare them with the new Harmony set. I had planned to finish this up by Saturday, so I could get back to my shawl, but there's still a lot of knitting ahead. And I don't feel like making myself crazy over it.
The main reason I won't finish is that I've been sidetracked by my spinning wheel. I bought some Colonial top in the Northern Lights colorway a while back, and I spun that up last week and then started on my gray Corriedale roving. These are two fleece that I bought at Saff and had carded together at Wooly Knob fiber mill. I've spun worsted for 7 yrs now and thought it was high time to break out of my rut. So, I'm attempting long draw! It's not perfect, but I am absolutely fascinated by seeing the twist run up through the drafting triangle. Freaky. I still love a combed prep best, though. I'm spinning a 3 ply for some mittens or something-then I'll move on to another fiber out of the stash. I'm not ready to tackle Corriedale mountain right now. I'm looking for something smaller-more manageable. Maybe that Alpaca/silk that I bought on vacation last summer.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope it is a good one. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your sweater and your spinning. And to hear your review on the Harmony. I love them but not everyone does. You have a good one.

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Holly! Mine's in 9 days (33 WooHoo!)

Sounds like you're keeping busy busy!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Donna B said...

Happy birthday! (a bit late now) Enjoy your spinning!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Happy birthday! A little late, but I still hope it was a great one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home