Monday, May 22, 2006

Two!


Saturday my baby turned TWO! He loved the cake and toys...hated the haircut.





His wails became so loud, Daddy intervened. I'll have to go back today and even it up a bit. He looks so much more grown up with his big boy cut!



I did some combing last week-which means I did some spinning, too. I finished some Easter Egg dyed wool (Corriedale? Romney? Dunno. I failed to mark the bag!) and another skein of Colonial top.

And I'm ready to skein up two bobbins of Targhee. Yes, I have loads more waiting but I have enough spun for some gloves or a scarf. The rest will have to be spun a little differently. In other words, I'll have to bite my lip and spin some novelty yarn because these two bobbins made it perfectly clear that there is no way on earth I am going to be able to manage otherwise. I fussed with the wool, picking out little bits here and there, and generally made spinning it a misery. Some neps still showed up in the final yarn and you know what-I adore it. Hope I like the rest of it just as well!



I intend to finish these today, too. I like them. Just thick enough to be warm and toasty. I didn't measure wpi, so I'm just guessing when I say somewhere between fingering and sport.


The short row heels would have been easier had the yarn been less fuzzy, but I managed and they look fine. I want to try these heels on her summer pair, too-then see how much I like them. So far, I like them well enough to keep them in the rotation, and I never thought I would stray away from heel flaps!

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

That yarn is knitting up into some nice socks! I like the color.

Oh, those first big boy hair cuts. I remember not wanting to cut off those sweet curls the first time!

PS, love the red nails!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Happy Birthday to your little guy!!!

Did you start out handspinning or just dive right into using a wheel? I just ordered a spinning with a spindle starter pack using some Mother's Day gift money. I can hardly wait for it to arrive, but I'm definitely flying blind here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home