Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My DMV solution

On Sunday I realized that I had NOT renewed my driver's license before my birthday. So, I went today with the perfect plan to insure that I would not spend precious time waiting in line. I packed some Corriedale roving and my Mala Spindle. Worked like a charm! I walked in, the lady behind the counter to my left asked what I had 'come in for' and things started moving. I was out in ten minutes. Tops. I had time to stop at the grocery before picking the kids up at Meme's!


In other news, the cardigan is still without buttons. I'm going to search the closet once more in an effort to find the rest of the button tins-I simply must have more somewhere-and if nothing suitable turns up, I'll just have to buy some.


The shawl received no attention from me last Saturday or any day since. I'm stuck on the dishcloth train and can't get off. I crocheted one-a simple half dc affair with a scalloped edging and then made a drying mat of sorts for the counter. With that donw, I promptly cast on for a Ballband dishcloth. Then another. Then I cast on for a Swiffer mop cover using the same pattern. It's starting to scare me a little.


I'm spinning up some superwash Merino that I dyed(a couple of times, actually)in blues and purples and finished the first bobbin last night. I navajo plyed the singles to keep the colors a little more separated. I'm thinking of Pomatomas mitts, but I'll have to wait and see if the singles change much after setting the twist.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Good deal about the license!!! That can be such a pain. Yeah, it sounds like you are going alittle "cotton" crazy!!!! But look at all the wonderful FOs you are spitting out. When you gonna be able to show pictures?

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Donna B said...

lol. I'll have to try that spindle trick.

Sounds like you have been extremely productive! Can't wait to see all of your work when you get the camera back. And that silvery fleece, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home