Monday, October 29, 2007

Saff

Yes, I went to Saff yesterday. The last couple of years it has worked out better for our family if I go on Sunday afternoon. While this does insure that I get the advantage of any available markdowns, on the drive up I do always feel like some sort of vulture. Don't worry, once my bag begins to fill up, the sensation passes. There's always so much there that I slowly realize that I'm totally incapable of finishing off this thing all by myself.
Anyway, I bought a spinning stool and extra bobbin from Mary Ellen. The staining began last night. I expect to add one more coat. This stool is turning out even prettier than I thought-the grain is really beautiful. And spinning long draw will be much easier in a chair with no arms, eh?
I wandered slowly around the arena, and by the time I arrived at the fleece tables, I was ready to open up the billfold again. Yes, yes, it's true. Another (partial) Dan-Vir fleece. Four inch staple, and the (long sought after) true silvery gray color. I'm just relieved that someone else took the first half before I got there. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to leave any just sitting on the table. All alone. I don't know who that other spinner is, but she's a stronger woman than I am. After much inner debate, I have decided to finish the bobbin(you know, the one with my previous purchases from this same farm? Yeah, that's the one)and then the lock washing will begin!
One new category this year. I bought yarn. I told C I would bring her something. She has really been working on her knitting/crochet. So I stopped at Miss Babs booth and picked up some worsted weight superwash merino for her. And then just as I ran low of cash, I saw this booth. Now, I grew up just across the highway from this town. What could I do? That's what I thought. So I bought some of their kid mohair Primero. Just one skein-500 yards of sport weight. I'm not quite sure what to knit with it, but it's so terrific that I think I'd be content to just carry it around like a little fiber pet.
And yes, I got buttons for J's cardigan at Hancock's on the way home.

Edited to add: I just got off the telephone with Canon tech support and they are emailing me a shipping label and repairing my ailing Powershot!!!! Woo Hoo!

5 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Holly!
I am your tea swap pal from ravelry!
i am sinking my teeth into your blog and doing my research.

would you be willing to send me an email address so that i can anonymously contact you and ask you questions?

my secret & anonymous email address is purlygirl@mac.com

looking forward to a great swap!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

I am so jealous!!! Oh, to go to a fiber fest. So glad to hear about the camera. Can't wait to see all these wonderful knits and things.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger jessica said...

Sounds like fun! I'm not sure I'd know where to start at one of those... Oh but it would be fun I'm sure!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Swap pal,
You can email me at hnestberg at hotmail dot com :~)

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I'm sorry about your camera but glad Canon is going to fix it. That was so excruciating for me to read about your fiber adventure without SEEING it! LOL It sounds like a lot of fun. There really isn't anything like that around here and I'm aching to participate in something like this. I can't wait to see your stool too. I'm assuming it's the Kromski stool and that you have a Kromski? I have not found anything comfortable to sit on yet. I have a Lendrum (no matching chair or stool) and I find that I can't just sit in my knitting chair to spin, I have to take one of the hard kitchen chairs to be able to use the double treadle. One day I will get it figured out! I can't wait til your camera is back and we get to see your projects and lovelies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home