Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Socks-part two



I got a little jolt when I started Mom's 2nd pair of socks this afternoon. When I was in the LYS, the yarn on the left sang out to me that it would be perfect for Mom. I could swear that the color card showed a speckled appearance. I suspect it saw what a hurry I was in and knew I wouldn't stop to notice that the color repeats on the ball in my hand were far too long. So I had a bit of a surprise when instead of speckles, the toe striped.


This is SO unlike anything my Mom wears that I had to knuckle under and call her for a consult. (There went the surprise) Jolt #2? She loves stripes! Do tell?! Guess the yarn was right after all!



The Targhee blend skeins are dry. And so soft that they feel like chenille! 755 yds of velvety goodness. At 18 wpi I have enough for mittens and a lace scarf.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

I just love the mystery of sock yarn. Stripes or speckled? Only the knitting will tell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home