Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Whew!

That was close! I narrowly escaped the worst cold of the season. But I'm officially over it-thanks to my dh's desperate prayers no doubt:~) Pretty neat-since I never "take steps" right away. Didn't this time either, I kept telling myself it was the field trip to the alpaca farm that was behind all the sneezing and misery. But by Monday afternoon, I was getting a clue, so I surrounded myself with hankies, echinacea tincture, Airborne, and some homemade "immune boost" glycerite. (I keep it on hand for the kiddos-but it's pretty good, and works well at covering up that tongue-numbing effect that echinacea leaves.) I am so glad that's over-I couldn't even knit!
Yesterday, I finished up the first Ribbed Lace sock. I plan to give these to my mom for her birthday early next month. She'll be coming for a visit this week-and I'd like to have them done before she heads home again after Thanksgiving. My sister lives nearby-so we'll be splitting these three weeks that Mom is here. I don't expect to post more than once though-so don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth or anything. I'll just be busy gabbing!
Hopefully my camera will be back home in time for my next post and I can prove to you that I have been getting some things done!

2 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Glad to hear that ole nastiness didn't get you down!!!! You have a great time with your mom's visit.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope you have a nice visit with family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home