Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Busy



December(and late Nov) has been busier for me this year! I'm not sure I like it ;~) Haven't had much time to knit or spin. I did stain my new stool and distaff, though. So I have been doing some spinning related stuff! I really like these pieces. Oh, look! There's some gray Corrie on the bobbins-see, I have been spinning a little! I finished my mom's socks and gave them to her before she left-sorry-no pic. She was delighted!


But here's my latest FO. Remember this yarn? My sockapalooza pal sent this. Knit up great! I used Wendy's toe up pattern-very fun and easy. I have no doubt that I'll be reaching for this pattern again. This is the one with gussets by the way...

My sweetie's company has a banquet every year in November. usually they host a ton of people and give away door prizes. This year they held a smaller party and gave out gift certificates to ALL the employees AND their spouses(both previously ineligible) Whoo-Hoo! I got one for Garden Ridge! I bought a frame for what may be my favorite print of all time. See?!? Now, ya'll know how I am about collies-and doesn't this capture the collie personality perfectly? (I had to take this photo on an angle b/c of the reflection of the humongous window across the room-sorry!) I bought another item that didn't work out-had to take it back-and whaddya know, they gave me cash back! Are they supposed to do that? I didn't ask! I graciously accepted the cash and went home and ordered this.

I'm speechless. And eager. If you don't have this book, I highly recommend it! I also got some dusk Gloss and Harmony tips.

I can't start anything new, though. My shawl is still waiting for me to pick it up again. The log cabin blanket has seen a few new rows. AND, last week I cast on some mittens for C-ultra plain basics to match her church coat. I'm knitting them both at once on two circs and haven't made it past the ribbing yet! Aack! I also bought some pretty flannel to sew a new sheet/pillowcase for B's little toddler bed.
So no new socks!!!

5 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Isn't it so hard not to start 15 different projects at the same time? It is hard to find time to do projects for yourself in December though, too much to do!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Donna B said...

your stool and distaff look lovely! and the socks...have fun with your new sock book when it comes! :-)

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I knew there was a book missing from my Christmas list!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I love how your stool and distaff turned out. You have a really beautiful wheel! That print is so cute. The artist really captured the dogs personality! :o) I have that new sock book but have set it aside until after Christmas. If you have any advice in your adventures with it, let me know!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Sounds to me that you've been pretty busy. I love my stool that goes with my Kromski. Yours is lovely. I love the socks. They look so cozy and soft. Thanks for the review on the book, I gotta check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home