Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What's this?


My goodness, it looks like someone's been sewing! These are my second and third crochet cases. The first one has already left the building-given to a dear blogless friend. The enormous one is my own and the cutesie one is a Christmas surprise for dd. I tucked some scissors inside of hers along with a set of her own hooks and that skein of Miss Babs' worsted weight. Although I honestly expect that to be knitted. She's doing more of that lately-she begged for a couple of skeins of Lion Wool yesterday to knit ds a scarf. (Well yes, of course. High time she began a stash-she'll start raiding mine otherwise)
I also sewed up some flannel pajama pants for the dc-already wrapped alas. Cars theme for the boys and Boyd's bears for C. Sweatshirts were purchased to accompany the little wonders that started the sewing frenzy. While I was turning the sewing section of the storage closet upside down in search of my Happy Lock(I have to store it in a plastic bin since one of my darlings broke the thread guide trying to reach an upper shelf) I found a bag of things that may fit B if sewn up soon. Couple of pairs of navy pants and an off white long sleeved t-shirt. Amazing how these things slip my mind. But then, I also cut out three pairs of corduroy pants for my youngest boys at the same time I cut out the pajama pants-so I guess I won't be done with sewing for a while. That's OK-haven't found a suitable pattern for the tea swap yarn yet anyway-if ya'll have any suggestions-be sure to send 'em on!

4 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

great present for DD! I am sure she'll be thrilled! I have sewing machine itis but I am waiting until I get the Christmas gifts under control to set it up and start doing some sewing

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

What wonderful pouches!!!! You have been busy!!!!. I got a new embrodiery sewing machine last Christmas and would you believe I don't think I've used it once? Crazy huh, I can't get knitting out of my hands and head long enough. :)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Those turned out nicely! I'm sure your daughter loved it ;o)

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

What a great idea for the crochet hooks. I have been wanting to make one but have not yet. My machine does do some monograms, so I should try that. I'm hoping to email you again soon, but am behind on the list/prayer list. I wanted to ask you more questions about the dough enhancer. I hope you had a great Christmas with your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home